Saturday, January 8, 2011

5 reasons this is going to be a great semester :)

Every time I start a new semester I am always reminded of Finding Nemo: The Musical at Animal Kingdom. "Time for school! Time for school!"Although I don't live in an ocean, I do live on an iceberg, that will eventually melt. In this post, I'd like to share with you 5 reasons (in no particular order) why I know this semester will be awesome.

1. The weather hasn't actually been that bad yet. I haven't had to break out my big coat and wear leggings under my jeans so hallelujah to that!

2. I love my roommates! They are all just so adorable and I feel like things are going to be great for us this semester. I'm also so lucky I get to live with my best friend. It's going to be amazing! 

3. Games nights on Sundays, with friends, old and new! Even though there will be one extremely important person missing from those :(

4. My classes are pretty great. Some of them are definitely going to be a challenge, but I'm kind of in the home stretch, so I should expect to have more challenging courses, I guess. My Brit Lit class is going to be amazing, my professor is just delightful. I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities for my Victorian novel of choice for the first half, and I have to find a modern British novel to read, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd surely appreciate them! English 314 will probably be my toughest class because I have to write 37-42 pages over the course of the semester, which is daunting to say the least. I'm in Science Foundations 101…ugh…that's all I'm gonna say about that. Interpersonal Communications is going to be my most fun class this semester. I just get to talk to people in class all semester pretty much and get a grade for it! The class I am most excited about, though is Ed 361, Secondary Education Principles of Teaching. I get to actually be a teacher! I will go to Madison Middle School once a week starting at the end of this month and team teach with other students in my class. My favorite thing about this class is that I am going to get a snazzy name tag like I'm a REAL teacher! It will say "Miss Fogle" BYU-Idaho Teacher Education. Ahhh! How cool is that! If you can't tell I'm really excited about this.

5. I have late classes! It's soooooooo incredibly wonderful. I don't start classes until 10:15 on MWF and 9:45 on Tu/Th. It's great. I'm going to have more motivation to get up and go work out in the gym because I don't have to get up every morning at 5 am to have time to work out and get ready for my classes. So sweet. 

Well, that's why I'm really excited for this semester. I'm definitely gonna be keeping busy, but it will be great for me :)

Love, 
A Southern Girl Who Has Returned to the Land of Potatoes



No comments:

Post a Comment