Friday, December 31, 2010

A Jolly Vindaloo Day To All!

Ok, so there is no such thing as Vindaloo Day, but I'm going to use it instead of saying Happy New Year because of my new favorite show, Outsourced. If you haven't watched it yet, DO IT!!!! It is so funny! The characters are likable and relatable, and each episode thus far has had an interesting and enjoyable storyline. So, again I say, if you haven't watched it, DO IT. It's awesome.

For a Potter update, I'm now about 150 pages into Goblet of Fire, and still loving my nightly dates with Ron Weasley. Also, my family doesn't do much actual "gift" giving, we usually just get money for Christmas so that we can go out and get the things that we want instead of returning things that don't fit or aren't the right color. So, with some of my Christmas money, I bought all six HP DVD's. Plus, I got them all on sale or clearance which was a total steal! I've watched a couple of them with my family so far, but I can't wait to have a huge Harry Potter marathon sometime this semester! I'm also super jealous of my Disney friends who all got to visit Hogwarts and drink Butterbeer (yum!) again this month without me :( I'll hopefully get back in April though, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I actually bought a BUNCH of movies with my Christmas money, ones that I've wanted for awhile, though. So, after adding the 6 HP movies, the 3 good Indiana Jones movies (sorry Crystal Skull, but Aliens, I mean come on?), Batman, Batman Returns, Batman & Robin, Batman Forever, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, This Is It, and A Bug's Life, my DVD collection has now reached 121. Whew! I LOVE IT!

I'm sad to be leaving the beautiful south here in a few days, but I'm also so incredibly excited to get back to Rexburg and start a new semester living with my best friend and having games nights and studying in the Snow building and seeing all of my favorite people again! Having said all of this, I bid you all adieu, my next post will probably be about how sick I am of seeing snow and how cold my nose and toes are, but I'll be loving life, don't you fret!

Love,

A Southern Girl about to leave the South

3 comments:

  1. I love Outsourced! So much! I have a hopeless love for India in general, and this movie thoroughly delighted me. This break, I also watched HP4 and HP5 for the first time EVER, and I want to adopt Ron Weasley as a brother. Or son. Or something. I just want him in my life more permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Ron is my FAVORITE! I haven't seen the movie Outsourced, yet, but I really want to watch it. I'm talking about the TV series based on the movie that is on NBC. I just love it! I have also started listening to Bollywood Music and I can't get enough! Seriously India is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran into your blog while looking for pics of SC for my geography project. So I read your blog and it made me smile! I hope you are doing well!

    kenny barlow

    ReplyDelete