Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life…it ain't easy.

So, up until last night I had a plan for my life. I was going to stay in Rexburg for Spring Semester, have my last semester in Rexburg be in the Fall and then student teach in the Winter. Well, thanks to this weird feeling I had last night that WOULD NOT let me fall asleep, I now have doubts about this plan. I don't know if I'm supposed to be here in the spring or not. It's weird to me because most people always say that it was the best decision they ever made to stay on their off-track. So that makes me think that maybe I'm crazy or maybe I just have NO IDEA what I should do for the rest of my life.  I know I love to English and I know I want to teach it, but having to make such a huge life decision when I'm only 22 is really just a lot to ask of a person. Not to mention the overwhelming feeling of "needing" to get married is ganging up on me, too. I know staying here is the logical choice, but I just have this odd feeling that it's not what I'm supposed to do and I can't understand or explain it. I'm wracking my brain trying to figure it out while at the same time writing papers, going to meetings, planning lessons, trying to have a social life and a million other things that a college student has to deal with. Just when I thought I was taking control of my future, this stupid little inkling has to creep in and tear down what I thought I should do. ugh. life…it ain't easy.

Love,
A Very Befuddled Southern Girl in the Land of Potatoes

2 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry! At the same time I know exactly how you feel and my advice (even though not asked for) would be to wait it out, and pray A LOT. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll figure it out. I have faith in you. =) The nice thing about not being married is that you can figure out these decision things without having to worry about another PERSON. That was a surprising complication in decision-making.

    You will be a FANTASTIC English teacher. And I always say, you can change your mind any time you want to! Good luck, girl, and know that all things will work out.

    ReplyDelete