Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pat Benatar, Fake Margaritas, and Belly Dancing

Today was incredibly productive! I've finally caught up on most of my school work. Except for my 12 page paper for English 201, which, to be honest, I'm not too worried about. I can pretty much hammer that out this week and revise this weekend. I guess that's one of the perks of being an English major!

I finished my Senior Writing Seminar portfolio today. It took me from around 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, but it feels so great to have it done! While I was making it I really came to realize how much I've writing I've actually done in college. A LOT. That's how much. And I didn't even include everything in my portfolio! Even though it felt like I was never going to finish all of the formatting, I'm really glad that I had to do that assignment. I'm pretty dang proud of it! If you'd like to peruse it, you can find it at:

http://rebekkajfogle.weebly.com/

Next, I worked a lot of kinks out of my Senior Research Paper. It's still nowhere NEAR perfect, but I'm definitely feeling better about it.

Now that I've talked about all of the boring stuff...

My health has made a complete turn around. All semester, I've been feeling nauseous and tired everyday and this weekend I finally found out why. I realized I haven't been taking the right amounts of insulin because my doctor changed all of the settings on my insulin pump when I saw her in December. So, I changed my settings back to they way I had them programmed and it has made a WORLD of difference. I have insane amounts of energy and I feel great!

I also got this neat app for my iPod called Diabetes Buddy which allows me to track the amount of carbs I eat everyday and the amount of water I drink, and it's a place where I can log my blood sugars, and I can tell it if I exercise. It's pretty sweet.

Speaking of exercise, I now actually have time to workout and I love it! For the past 2 days, Jennica and I have been doing dance workout videos from Netflix! (I know it's kind of lame, but we are totally loving it.)

Now to explain the title of this blog.

Firstly, we were watching The Voice today and two girls had "battle-sing" We Belong by Pat Benatar which brought back awesome memories of seeing her live at Universal during the summer of 2010. I absolutely LOVE her. She is a goddess of song. I wish I could have even an ounce of her fierceness when I perform. She's amazing even now, she still sounds incredible.

Secondly, Crystal Light has this new line of drinks that are flavored like alcoholic beverages. I guess it's for summer, or Mormons who don't drink, but like the taste without the alcohol. So, a few weeks ago I got Mojito flavored Crystal Light and it was delicious. Mouth watering even. Today, I got the Margarita flavor, not so. It's ok, but I was just really wanting it to be super tasty like the Mojito one, but alas, I was disappointed. Next time I'll just stick with the one I know I like.

Lastly, belly dancing. As I mentioned before, Jennica and I have been doing some dance workouts this week, and I got all kinds of excited when I saw on Netflix, "Egyptian Belly Dancing for Beginners." I immediately texted Jennica to tell her we were all over that tonight. Yeah...about that...we were all over it for about 7 minutes and then we realized it wasn't fun and we kind of hated it. So we did a dance party workout video instead, where the host said, and I quote, "Welcome to our dance party, no RSVP required!" Gosh, I just love those workout video instructors, you could feed all the rats in New York City with the amount of cheese that those ladies dish out. "Shake those hips, it's your time to shine!" "If you don't squeeze those buns, no one else will!" haha, thanks ladies, I'll keep those little gems in my back pocket for the next time I'm feeling blue.

Anyways, like I said, today was great! Despite the fact that it was freezing today and I've pretty much decided that Rexburg weather isn't going to make up its mind about whether it's spring or not. I'm not going to worry about it anymore because in 18 days, I'll be in beautiful South Carolina where the temperature is a balmy 80 degrees. Love it. Can't wait.

Thanks for reading!

Love,
A Southern Girl 18 Day Away from Beautiful SC Weather But Until Then, Freezing Her Patootie Off in the Land of Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment