Sunday, November 14, 2010

One more week...

Ummm, I found out I'm not so good at this blogging thing. I'll try to be better. So, we've been so blessed with a lack of snow up until about a week ago, but hot dang did it come back with a vengeance! I feel like it snowed NON-STOP Monday-Wednesday! But anyways, I'm so incredibly excited! This time next week I will be in California with my best friend for Thanksgiving Break! It will be really weird for me though, because I've never had a Thanksgiving where I wasn't with at least part of my family. As much as I would have loved to get to go home for Thanksgiving, I knew it probably wasn't going to happen, so honestly, I couldn't ask for a better substitute. Having lived in the south all of my life, until I came to school out here in (now frigid and snowy) Idaho, the farthest west I'd ever been was Nauvoo, IL. I'm pretty jazzed about broadening my travel horizons and getting to finally see California. I mean, I love Soarin, probably more than most people, but lets face it, it's nowhere near the real thing :) We're going to go to Grauman's Chinese Theatre, which I'm totally stoked about (maybe it will make me feel like I'm at Disney World) and maybe go to the beach! The water will be too cold to actually get in, but I'm sure it will be beautiful nonetheless. Sure, I'll still have heaps of homework and reading to do over the week, but I get to do all of this fun stuff, and sleep in past 7:00 everyday and not go to class or worry about if I'm going to slip when I walk on a patch of black ice I didn't see. Most of all, I'm just so excited to spend a whole week with Alex! Can it just be next week right now?

Love,
A Southern Girl in the Land of Potatoes (but next week in the Land of Movie Stars! haha)

2 comments:

  1. Well I would like to welcome you to the blogging world! Sometimes it's more fun than you ever thought and sometimes it's as lame as you thought before you started. And I love your ode to Disney on the side panel- it lets me know PJ and I need to step up our game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I love your blog! It is super cute :)I am so excited that you get to be a campus rep! I am also excited for you to get to see the real Grauman's Chinese Theater! It is amazing!! If you can you should definitely take the tour... It is gorgeous! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! <3

    ReplyDelete