Wednesday, November 17, 2010

MY LIFE IS SO GREAT RIGHT NOW!!!

What a day! I went to class, came home, cleaned my room, had my interview to be a Disney College Program Campus Representative (more later about this), cleaned the kitchen…kinda, got an email offering me the position of Campus Representative (woo hoo!), went to my favorite place in the world (the Snow building) for theatre council and to see my good friend Katie tell such a fun story about her dad, then I went to the grocery store with Amanda and got 2 liter cokes for 79 cents (yeah!), and now I am sitting on my couch drinking said coke and watching The Proposal with my roommates.

Now for a rundown of the most crazy awesome part of my day! At 1:33 today I had a phone interview with the Disney College recruiter for BYU-Idaho, John, and he asked me all of the technical questions like if I could legally work in the US blah, blah, blah, then he asked me why I wanted to be a campus rep. I told him, that of course, I want to spread the word about one, well two, of the most incredible experiences of my life, but that I wanted to stress to the interested students that even though you may not make a lot of money, the experience you gain and the fact that you make friends from all across the world are just priceless! He asked me a couple more questions, then told me to email him within 24 hours if I was seriously interested in being a campus rep (I told him I'd probably email him within the next 24 minutes…haha), that I would hear sometime before December 4th whether I was selected, and that he sincerely hoped he would get an email from me and to be able to work with me next semester. So I emailed him and got an automatic "out of the office" response email, which made me worried! However, about an hour later I got an email offering me the position of Campus Rep! I am so incredibly excited for this opportunity and I can't wait until next semester to really get started! Now I have to figure out whether or not to go down to Florida to work a shift during Christmas to get my maingate pass, or just to be happy with my ID and getting only myself in for free. Decisions, decisions.

So on top of the amazing-ness above, in 2 count 'em, 2 days I will be in California with my best friend and twin for Thanksgiving Break! Ahhhhhh! I'm so excited!

Have a magical day!

A Southern Girl in the Land of Potatoes

1 comment: