Friday, November 19, 2010

Dear J.K. Rowling…

Ok, so I did something tonight that I've never done in my entire career here at BYU-Idaho. I intentionally broke curfew to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Before I talk about how much I loved it, I would just like to say to Harrison Ford, I am INCREDIBLY disappointed in you. Ok, so we could discuss for hours how Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls was an EPIC fail, but it can be summed up in one word…aliens. Seriously? Aliens, people? Anyways, back to Mr. Ford, his next blockbuster is entitled Cowboys & Aliens. My friend Mary and I are sitting in the theatre munching on some popcorn, when the previews finally start. We see Daniel Craig in the middle of the desert, but he has a mysterious metal bracelet/ tracking device thing on. I'm thinking to myself, "this looks interesting." Then, we see Daniel Craig thrown into jail, enter Harrison Ford. I then think, "Oh this has gotta be good, I love Harrison Ford!" The next thing I know…UFO's. Done deal. Not gonna waste my money on that one. It also has that intern that I don't care for, "13," from House in it, ya know the girl that mentions she has a degenerative disease EVERY EPISODE? And one last note on this film, Cowboys & Aliens? There was not ONE better idea for a title? I'm disappointed in you Universal Pictures.

Ok, but now on to Harry Potter. Oh my, oh my! I have to say in the past I've been less than impressed with the movies. I've read the books and it's true that the book is ALWAYS better than the movie, but I was just severely disappointed in most of the movies past "Chamber of Secrets." I gotta give props to David Yates. This film was phenomenal. I was enthralled the entire time. Also, it was so well written. It was funny when it needed to be but the serious parts were beautiful and at times, moving. I won't give anything away since some may not have seen it yet, but the ending was PERFECT. I hate to have to wait until July, but at the same time, the place they chose to split it was spot on.


Last, but absolutely, positively not least, I am in love with Ron Weasley. How he went from this insanely cute kid



To this hunk of burnin' wizard


is beyond me. In this movie he is his usual dopey, always slightly jealous of Harry, self, but he is so obviously in love with Hermione that it will make your teeth hurt. Every single time he was on the screen I'm pretty sure I let out an "I love him," or "he is so adorable," or just a sigh of admiration. Seriously, Hermione better watch her back!

Peace, Love, and Ron Weasley,

A Southern Girl in the Land of Potatoes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment